Phase 1: Presentation of the environment
- Thermal power plant 2 x 32 MVA
- Internal voltage levels:
- Production: 11 kV
- Evacuation: 63 kV
- Auxiliaries: 5,5 kV
- Objective of the upgrade: Replacement of protection and network monitoring panels currently using electromechanical type relays.
Phase 2: Analysis of existing installation
Reading, interpretation and analysis of the control panel diagram carried out with electromechanical relays in order to:
- List and describe all the functions of the panel (logical equations)
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of the current installation
- Check or update the action matrix for HV network protections
Phase 3: Technical advices
Technical advice in order to facilitate the choice of the new structure of the system:
- Adaptation of the protection matrix and settings to ensure selectivity and compliance with the requirements and constraints of the wastewater network operator
- Inventory of inputs and outputs to be processed by the new system
- Proposals aimed at improving plant availability
- System architecture proposal
Phase 4: Validation of structure before implementation
In agreement with the various players, the structure chosen is made up of programmable protection relays associated with a unit controller providing automation and communication functions.
We have verified that the chosen device will meet the needs and leave the possibility of an evolution.